Wednesday, November 6, 2013

YouTube comments have joined the 21st century!

Well, lookie what YouTube has thought up:
Let's see...
  • "Smarter sorting". Heh, that's okay. Who cares about chronological order anyway? Right?
  • "New threaded format". Whoa! What is this voodoo? My mind is blown! Suddenly, YouTube comments will have something which virtually every online discussion system has had since the beginning of time! (Including YouTube comments themselves, at one time.)
  • "Comments appear from both YouTube and Google+." Greeeaat. Just what I've always wanted. I loved it when Google all but forced me to throw away the channel name I really liked in favor of my actual name, taken from Google+. I'll love it even more seeing out-of-context snippets of comments from somewhere I don't care about that much.
Really innovative stuff you've got going there, Google. Nice job!

Okay, in all seriousness, though, maybe at least the discussion threads will have a halfway decent format. (But I can only hope for halfway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to comment. You can just select the "Anonymous" profile.