Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween! Also, feedback requested

Well, I wasn't even thinking about Halloween when I started Let's Play King's Quest V with an MT-32. I just wanted viewers to hear how the music is supposed to sound, as opposed to the AdLib/SoundBlaster version that most probably know.

But about a week or so ago, I realized that the last area of this classic game happens to have an atmosphere appropriate to Halloween, and better yet, I looked to be on-schedule to show it off just in time for the holiday. And what do you know, I actually timed it just right. Here's episode 10. Enjoy!

And since this LP is just about over, there is the question of which game I should LP next. I have three in mind. Each one has its merits:
  • King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. This one has some pretty good music, which I think sounds at least as good as that of KQ5. There's no speech in this one, which you might regard as a plus or a minus. The intro seems a little on the sugary side, but I'm willing to look past that. Also, I've only played part of the game, so it would be semi-blind.
  • King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow. Also good music, and really good voice acting ('cause they used professionals this time). I did a recording of the intro while manipulating the emulation speed so you can hear more of the music than you would normally. I'll upload that just before starting the LP. Also, I'd like to try to do all of the different paths in the game and involve you, the viewers in deciding which ones to do when.
  • The Legend of Kyrandia: Book One. Fantastic sounding music and pretty good voice acting, although the sound levels can be a problem sometimes, at least in my experience (fortunately my recording setup allows me to balance the sound elements after recording).
So, dear readers, please comment and let me know what you think. Which one would you like to see next?

4 comments:

  1. I think that King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella, would be a good LP, the fact that you would do it "semi blind" could make some interesting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm after looking at some videos on youtube i'd like to change my pick for the next LP, The Legend of Kyrandia looks like a good choice and could make for some entertaining moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MrDuke: Yeah, I like how it doesn't take itself too seriously. Brandon's humorous remarks make things extra fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyrandia would be a good choice with its great music and superb colors.

    ReplyDelete

You don't need an account to comment. You can just select the "Anonymous" profile.